Face turned pale, started sweating, experience stomach churning and fainted. Food poisoning?

Stomach churning, sweat, pale (white) face and fainting (loss of conscience)

Yesterday while having lunch I experienced a strange stomach feeling (churning), I started to head sweat, became pale and then lost conscience. I don't remember anything, my family told me I was unresponsive, and remember that I had eyes open.

Could it be food poising? A few hours before this I went to a science museum where I watched some intense strobe light show - could it be a seizure from that (it was like 1 hours before)? Could it be something serious? I'm really scared it could be something brain-related.

Thank you
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Based on the description of the episode of unconsciousness you had, I too suspect it to be a seizure. The episode may not be triggered by the light show but the gastrointestinal symptoms you had, are typically seen in preictial (Pre siezure) XXXXXXX

I suggest you to consult a Neurologist at the earliest to be examined. Also you may need a MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan of the brain to rule out any structural defect which can cause such an isolated episode of seizure or loss of consciousness.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.