FNAC report showed breast lump carcinoma. Looking for solution

Mar 2013
Need help on below FNAC report and guide me for the treatment.

Gross Report:
Aspirated scant haemorrhagic material from a firm ill defined lumph meassuring 2x2 cm in the upper outer quardant of the right breast. Smears made.

Microscopic report:
Smears are paucicellular and show cell arraged in clusters and singly scattered. The cell exhibit pleomorphism and have high NC ratio with nuclear having coarse chromatin and inconspicuous nucleoli. The background shows fibroadipose tissue fragments and is haemorrhagic.

Direct and under ultrasound guided FNA right breast lump showing features consistent with a carcinoma.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 44 minutes later
Thanks for your health query on this platform.

Unfortunately, the FNAC report is indicative of carcinoma of the breast.
Alongwith the FNAC report, the clinical examination by a onco gynecologist, as well as imaging ( sonography and mammography ) is done to decide how advanced the tumour is. Also, in a complete blood work up, chest X XXXXXXX bone scan, and ultrasound of the pelvis and abdomen is done to evaluate how much the tumour has advanced. Based on this triple assessment ( clinical, radiological and the FNAC ), the surgeon would choose the further treatment.

Surgery is considered primary treatment for breast cancer, as many patients with early-stage disease are cured with surgery alone. The goals of breast cancer surgery include complete removal of the primary tumor , and pathologic staging of the tumor which is done on histopathology, and analysis of the axillary lymph nodes for providing necessary prognostic information. Several different types of operations are available for the treatment of breast cancer.

Depending on the type of tumour and the patient profile, further radiation/ chemotherapy maybe required.

The chances of survival and the further prognosis also depends on the tumour type. Diagnosis by FNAC is just the first step , and you should immediately consult a reputed Onco Gynecologist / Onco Surgeon for further treatment.

Meanwhile, please have a healthy lifestyle, and do not panic , as breast cancer has excellent survival chances.
Please take care, wish you luck, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: FNAC report showed breast lump carcinoma. Looking for solution 11 minutes later
is this report says which stage of tumor is this?
how to get at which stage is this?

how to get which type of tumor is this?
I have done with mamography. Report not yet came. will it help me to get which type of tumor is this?
Which is the best hospital in bangalore for this type of treatment?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
As I mentioned,
Tumour staging is done on the basis of report of biopsy ( histopathology ) after surgery.
I told you that the type of tumour, and its grade, is decided by Triple method
1. Clinical examination
2. imaging - mammography
3. FNac

All these three together only can tell you how advanced the tumour is.

Few hospitals I can suggest in Bangalore :

1. Mazumdar-Shaw Cancer Centre (MSCC)
2. Bangalore Institute of Oncology
3. Manipal Hospital

take care.
Follow-up: FNAC report showed breast lump carcinoma. Looking for solution 13 hours later
Hi Mam,

How is the St. Jhons medical collage hospital for the surgery/treatment?

looks like 1. Clinical examination 2. imaging - mammography 3. FNac are all done.
Can I ask my doctor the type of tumor and its grade?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Hi again,
St. Johns is also a reputed institute, however I had suggested exclusive oncological ( cancer related ) institutes to you.
If all the 3 are done, your doctor should definitely give an idea about the severity of the tumour.