Eyes are full of water. What to do?

every morning when I wake up my eyes are full of moist/water. an hour after I get up, it is gone. Any idea what it is? And what to do about it.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Watering eye requires antibiotic eye drops

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Iam Dr. Dadapeer, Iam a Ophthalmologist and I answer problems related to eye and vision.

It seems from the history that you are having eyes full of water once you wake up in the morning. This is basically because of accumulation of secretions from the glands of the eye during night as eye lids are closed during night drainage of secretions is decreased and hence the secretions accumulate giving the moist appearance to the eye. This will be noticed in conditions in which secretions from the glands of the eyes are increased. Few conditions associated with increased secretions from the glands are
Inflammation of conjunctiva as in Chronic conjunctivitis
Obstruction to the lacrimal drainage system as in Chronic dacryocystitis

As of now you start using antibiotic eye drops. I further advice you to consultant your eye doctor for examination and treatment depending on the cause.

Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you