Eye test done. Diagnosed with cornea damage and tumours. Having pain below eyebrow. How to get relief?

My left eyelid has been twitching for the last seven months. I went to an ophthamologist recently and he ruled out cornea damage, tumors, etc. This past week, I have been having pain/pressure around and below my eyebrow. Also, my same eyelid on the left side was drooping for days and it went away. I also had some pain around my cheekbones and jaw. I used a lot of visine to deal with the drooping, as it seemed to help. What can be causing these problems?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Twitching of the muscles around the eye is usually inconsequential.There is a lot of neuronal discharges going along in the body and these abbarent discharges are though very annoying to you are not to be given undue importence.
Usually in situations like this a lot of associated symptoms are also noticed and attributed to the same reason,but these symptoms may be related to general life style management reasons and are to be managed like that only.
Since you already have seen an ophthalmologist and ruled out any significant problem then we can rest assured about this.
Calcium helps in regulating the conduction mechanism in the nerves regular dose of calcium may help you.
Your pain around jaw and cheekbone may be a transient phenomenon and probably does not need any trearment.
Visine in such cases is not supposed to help and is a decongestment and will relieve redness.
Any further problem please do get back to us.
Follow-up: Eye test done. Diagnosed with cornea damage and tumours. Having pain below eyebrow. How to get relief? 3 days later
Thank you for the response. Can the Ptosis of the same eyelid be related to any of this?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 9 hours later
thanks for getting back to us.
Ptosis if old is not related,but if it is of recent origin then a lot of significance is to be attached to it.It then has to be investigated properly from the neurological angle.