Eye is red after taking a shower. Is it a sign of stroke?

Today, after taking a shower, I noticed my left eye is so red, i thought it was bleeding but it is not. I don't feel any pain and did not put soap on my eye, it's been 12 hours ago. I did not try to use anything, is this serious or a sign of stroke? i am 72 years old female. I am not diabetic and my blood pressure is under control because I am taking blood pressure medication everyday.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Congestion of conjunctiva can be due to irritation Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The red eye (conjunctiva) can be so cause of 3 main reasons 1) Infection 2) Irritation / allergy 3) Trauma Trivial traumas can lead to such red eyes. Many times there is hemorrhage below the conjunctiva and this generally gets resolved in 12 hours. However if it has persisted beyond 12 hours then it is a matter of concern and needs examination. Similarly irritation/ allergy / infection can also lead to such red eyes. However the cause can be confirmed after proper examination of the eye under slit lamp. All said beyond 12 hours its a matter of concern but not of panic and is no where related to the stroke. That you can be assured of. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.