Eye injured while playing. Feeling pressure in eye. What is the reason and how to get relief?

Aug 2012

hi doc. gm. I injured my left eye while playing cricket. I misplayed a cricket ball and it hit directly to my left eye. for some moment i was completely out of vision in that eye and then gradually it came back. but the problem i am facing right now is when I will enter a marginally dark place or dark place from bright daylight outside, my left eye vision decreased compared to my right and I used to feel an increased pressure kind of sensation in my left eye. what is the reason and how to rectify it or it will be a lifelong problem from nowonwards for me. kindly help. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 54 minutes later

Any eye problem should not be left neglected. You should have gone yourself to an Ophthalmologist for this eventhough you wouldn't be symptomatic as eye is a very important organ of our body.
Now, the reason for your symptoms can be a mild bleed inside the eyeball which is interfering in the clear vision and so may be the reason for your pressure kind of symptom.
Go to an Ophthalmologist, get a thorough check up done and he/she will guide you further. Rectifying this problem without showing to an eye doctor is difficult.
I hope you understand. Wish you all the best.
Follow-up: Eye injured while playing. Feeling pressure in eye. What is the reason and how to get relief? 19 minutes later
Dear doc,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion but kindly answer my question completely, i.e. can it be curable completely after consulting an ophthalmologist. I am a first time user of this site so did not know whom to ask and asked like that thinking I will be getting my answer from an ophthalmologist. further suggestion regarding my question will be more helpful.

Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 10 minutes later

You can select that you are not satisfied from this question, select for specialist- Ophthalmologist- and the XXXXXXX will direct you to an Ophthalmologist. Nobody, without seeing a patient can answer if the problem is fully curable or not.