Extreme burning sensation in gums and below tongue. Took medicines but no result. Losing weight. Advise?

What can be wrong? My symptoms, for about 2 months - getting worse is extreme burning sensation in mouth. At first it was my gums, but has become throughout the mouth, including the tongue and especially below the tongue, the soft material that holds the tongue under it. My M.D. tried anti-fungal med which didn't work at all, then swish and swallow med - Nystatin Suspension - which at first had no effect, but now burns when I use it. I have very good teeth which m DDS says are unusually good and clean. Please help - I am finding I have lost my appetite and am losing more and more weight - down to 96 lbs, from 106 lbs.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
local oral examination and treatment accordingly

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to health care magic.
The excessive burning sensation in the mouth indicates mucositis.
Mucositis can be due to bacterial, viral or fungal infection or it can be due to deficiency of B-complex group of vitamins.
You should get examined by a local physician who will be able to differentiate whether it is an infection or a deficiency state.
In deficiency state topical antimicrobial and antiseptic solutions are quite helpful.
If likely due to vitamin deficiency state then multivitamin supplement will be helpful.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.