External hemorrhoid burst and started bleeding. Feeling dizzy. Should I consult a doctor?

Sep 2012

Hi I'm fairly certain I have what is an external hemorrhoid which recently burst or appears raw and is bleeding fairly profusely for the past few hours. It is basically dripping constantly. I think there is also an XXXXXXX one but not sure if that is bleeding. Feeling slightly dizzy. Wondering if I should go to a hospital now or wait until the morning to see a regular doctor? It is 1030pm here... Thanks!
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 9 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the symptoms you described, is really serious.

You should not wait for your regular doctor. You have to go to emergency department of any hospital immediately.

It is an emergency situation. You have to be clinically examined first and then necessary measures should be taken to stop the bleeding.

So, you should go to a hospital now.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.