Experimented with anal toy. Having fatigue. Blood test showed hemoglobin 12.8. Was taking non-steroid antiinflammatory medicines. Help?

Mar 2013
I am a happily married man of nearly 20 years. About a month or two ago I experimented with an anal sex toy. I lubed it up well and used it a couple of times. While I felt my anal area stretched, I did not experience any pain or bleeding. However, I recently had a physical and my hemoglobin level has dropped to 12.8, It is usually around 14.5. The doctor is conducting additional blood tests and I'm to provide a fecal occult sample. I don't really have any symptoms other than some fatigue. Again, there has been no bleeding then or since. I suspect I may be losing blood to due a non-steroid antiinflammatory I was taking for a month. I am no longer taking this medication. What do you think is more likely?
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 days later
There could be various causes for the drop in hemoglobin.
If there was no obvious trauma during the anal insertion that you have described, then a rectal cause of anemia and bleeding seems less likely.
Even Meloxican would not cause the drop in hemoglobin.
It could be simple dietary anemia ( Take care.