Experiencing tiredness, weakness, blurred vision, swollen lymph node all over body. What is going on?

I have a hard, immovable lump that is 3 cm - left supraclavicular lymph node. I had an ultrasound, which confirmed that it is a lymph node. From there, I went for a core biopsy at a local hospital (Peterborough) and they sent it off to Toronto so I have to wait a few more days for the results. Why would they send it to Toronto. Since noticing this lump, I have found there are palpable cervical lymph nodes on the left side and two swollen nodes in my left arm near the elbow. Ultrasound confirmed they are lymph nodes, too. Now I have noticed some swelling on my right supraclavicular region and what seems like a small swollen node there. I would love to know your opinion about what could be going on. Some other complaints I have had are tiredness, weakness and diarrhea. Also, I have noticed blurry vision and times of lack of appetite. Thanks again!! I look forward to hearing back from you. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 1 hour later

Presence of enlarged nodes at various sites of the body could be due to multiple reasons. It is the feel of the lymph node and other constitutional symptoms in the body which gives us clues leading towards the diagnosis. Without an opportunity to examine those lymph nodes, it is extremely difficult to conclude about the nature of this problem.

However as there are multiple lymph nodes enlarged and few are hard and immovable, it is very important that I exclude some blood related problem like leukemia / lymphoma or non blood related like tuberculosis first. That perhaps was the reason why the biopsy was performed and sent to an external laboratory - for an accurate diagnosis.

Since the biopsy has already been performed, do not be stressed. You need to wait for the result which will give you the final diagnosis. I am sure after the biopsy results you will have a very eventful treatment and good life ahead.

Hope this address your concerns. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. J. Ticku,
Clinical oncologist