Experiencing tactile allodynia. No rashes or blisters appeared. Medicine to cure this problem?

For the past 6 days I have been experiencing tactile allodynia - skin tender to touch over the outer left thigh (like sun burn soreness), crutch (like I am excoriated) and left side of the lower abdomen. I thought I might be developing shingles but no rash or blisters have emerged. Is there a topical medication I can use to to control symptomes?
From my research there appears little can be done. Feeling well otherwise.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 25 minutes later
In your case I can think of two possibilities
1) meralgia paresthetica which is basically a nerve compression syndrome and presents itself over outer thighs, buttock etc as a burning,stinging, tingling or numbing pain. It is usually seen in obese, people wearing tight clothes, after some surgery or trauma and in pregnancy.
2) zoster sine herpete that is herpes zoster or shingles without occurrence of rash. It is again characterised by pain only in a particular dermatome or area.

To help you out, I would advise you to
Wear loose clothes
Lose weight if obese
Apply capsaicin cream(zostrix cream) or calamine lotion with menthol or lidocaine cream. These creams give good results in neuropathic pain.
If severe pain try pain killers like Brufen or tramadol or gabapentin.

You may also takea consultation with orthopaedician to rule out meralgia paresthetica.

Hope that answers your query.