Experiencing sharp pain before ejaculation. Reason?

Infertility Specialist
I have pinching pain right before ejaculation all away inside close to prostate, it goes away after ejaculaion. No other symptoms
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Considering your age, first possibility would be prostrate enlargement ( hypertrophy). Hence I advice you to consult a surgeon for per rectal digital examination to check prostrate size and if necessary, you will be adviced to get ultrasound examination of the prostrate to check size.

2) If prostrate report comes as normal, next possibility would be to rule out infection of semen. This you can diagnose by giving your semen for test called " culture & Sensitivity ". It will tell about particular organism causing infection. You can take antibiotics for the same after getting report.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.