Experiencing severe stomach cramps. Not getting cured by tylenol. Suggest some cure

Yesterday I went to a restaurant for lunch and had a stomach ache all afternoon. It hurt higher up, around the middle of my torso. It continued all night, and hurt before I went to bed. When I woke up this morning, the pain has gone lower down, and is toward my lower torso. Now I am experiencing heavy cramping, almost like menstral cramps, that contract for about 2-5 seconds each time, then relax. It's been hurting like this all morning. I took Tylenol about an hour ago, but it has not helped. I originally thought it was food poisoning, but I have not had any other symptoms (diarrhea, nausea, etc). Any ideas?
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later

Thanks for using the XXXXXXX and for detailed history.

You are getting spasmodic pain. I suspect one of the 3 diagnosis. Gastrites, Food poisoning and appendicites.

Gastrites can present as pain in epigastric region or in upper abdomen. Increased bowel movement presents with spasmodic pain and this can be due to one of the above mentioned causes.

Since there is no fever, diarrhoea and vomiting we can rule out food poisoning and appendicites.

Instead of Tyenol take antispasmodic and proton pump inhibitor like pantoprazole.

If pain persists then consult your doctor and get done USG abdomen to rule out appendicites, gall stones or any other disease.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thank you.
Get well soon.

Dr. Vidya KR