Experiencing problem with left eye and vision is blurry. Bloodshot behind iris. Watery and swollen under the eye. Suggest the cure?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
I am experiencing a problem with my left eye. My vision is a little blurry, it is bloodshot in the area beneath the iris, It is watery and looks a little swollen under the eye. There is a small amount of discharge and it feels more irritated as opposed to painful.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 16 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
A combination of slight blurring of vision,redness,and discharge points to infection .
The treatment starts with frequent washing of eyes and putting in of antibiotic eye drops.
Ideally it should respond to this treatment in a few days.
If the problem lasts longer then we have to review the strategy and find some other reason for the problem,like dacryocystitis,or blepheritis.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Experiencing problem with left eye and vision is blurry. Bloodshot behind iris. Watery and swollen under the eye. Suggest the cure? 7 minutes later
Thank you so much. Can my family doctor handle this or do I need to see an opthamologist?

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 minutes later
My Dear,
Let your family doctor handel it and if he feels like it,he will refer you to an ophthalmologist.oo