Experiencing pins and needles in palms. Related to any vitamin deficiency. How to get relief?

Nov 2013

Hi, I have some cramping in my palms , it's not painful, more to the pins and needles kind of cramp, it lasts the whole day especially when I just wake up, the cramps are slightly uncomfortable . Also I get those pins and needles feeling easily.. like in the or fingers when i stay in a position quite some time. Is there any relief to these?would any Vitamin deficiency cause this? or too much or something? also, I had the last and fourth finger curled in before near the palm, but now this cramping is not with the fourth and last finger cramps. I am an aircraft technician, if that helps. Could it be related to my job?
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of peripheral nerve involvement of hands. Looking at your job profile, we need to exclude a diagnosis of median nerve, is compressed at the level of wrist, giving rise to symptoms such as cramps, tingling, pain, burning, numbness, etc of hands and fingers. Nerve conduction studies (ENMG) can help in its diagnosis.

In addition, we need to rule out take pregabalin capsules.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog: