Experiencing pain just above the diaphragm with breathing difficulty. Cause and cure?

Jan 2013

I currently am experiencing pain on the right side, just above the diaphram, i would say. it hurts to breath and it seems to occur when ever i am sitting down or laying down in an awkward position
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 33 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with lower chest pain.
Do you have fever/ cough with sputum/ respiratory distress?
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal heaviness/ nausea & vomiting/ excessive flatulence?
Do you have yellow discoloration of eyes and urine/ loss of appetite/ fatigue?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of right lower chest pathology I.e. pneumonia with localized pleuritis, muscle ache.
Possibility of upper gastrointestinal tract acidity problem or gall bladder pathology should be suspected if above mentioned abdominal symptoms are present.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for chest x XXXXXXX to rule out pneumonia with pleuritis.
Clinical examination is required to make exact diagnosis.

Meanwhile, you should take analgesic along with muscle relaxant for relief of your symptoms.
Take proper bed rest.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other queries.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Experiencing pain just above the diaphragm with breathing difficulty. Cause and cure? 4 minutes later
I do have some belching and some flatulence and it appears to relieve some of the pain. I do not have any other of the symptoms mentioned above. It also occurs probably once or twice a month and the pain lasts anywhere from 15 min to a couple of hours. When the pain subsides, I do not have any other issues until it resurfaces.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 24 minutes later
There appears to be high possibility of lower chest pathology as abdominal symptoms are present occasionally.
You should go chest x XXXXXXX and should take analgesic along with muscle relaxant.
If your symptoms won't relieves then you should go endoscopy.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava