Experiencing pain in toe and abdomen. Any advice?

Nov 2013

I am experiencing bouts of strong pain originating on my second toe (the one next to my big toe) on my left leg quickly traveling up to the left side of my abdomen...the pain is felt for a fraction of a second on my toe and then another fraction of a second later in my abdomen...the severity of the pain is severe at the toe...and medium in the abdomen......these are like lightning shocks rather than trigger...just started....felt 3 yesterday.....2 middle of the night and 4 couple of mins between everything is fine. Please advise.
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

These symptoms could be related to focal (partial) sensory seizures.

In this condition, sensory symptoms (such as pain, tingling, vibration, electric shock like sensation, etc) travel from one part of the body to another. This is because of abnormal electrical impulses generated from the brain.

The left leg area is located in the right inner frontal part of brain. You should consult a neurologist for further evaluation.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad