Experiencing pain in the corner of eye, no redness or swelling. What could be the cause?

I have a pain on the underside of my right eye on the side away from the nose. Almost in the outer corner but a bit below on the edge of the socket. It hurts when I blink but doesn't hurt much otherwise, just a small bruise feeling. No redness or swelling, and it doesn't hurt to tap on the spot
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The site you are experiencing the pain is the site where the lacrimal (tear) gland exists. The pain you have could be due to infection in the gland.

I suggest you to visit an Opthalmologist who can examine and confirm the fact. You will need antibiotics to cure the infection. Delay in installing the treatment can cause the infection to flare up and spread to the conjunctiva of the eye.

Meanwhile you can apply Neosporin eye ointment which can contain the infection or prevent progression.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there is any other concern.