Experiencing pain behind shoulder blade. Getting headache. Had tumour removed from breast. What's going on?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
HI My name is XXXXXXX im 27 years old, i have been experiencing intense pain behind my right shoulder blade i can feel a form of a ball there, and i get consistent headaches from it. The pain also runs up my neck as well. i have had this for almost 4 yrs and about 5 yrs ago i had a tumor removed from my right breast it was benign. what could be going on with me? nothing i seem to do helps the chronic everyday pain.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The constant pain behind the right shoulder blade can be due to a muscular spasm due to wrong body posture. Appearance of a lump at the site is worrisome and needs to be investigated.
The best thing for you to do is get an MRI scan of your upper back and spine including the neck done. This is the best investigation to detect the site and extent of such soft tissue swellings.
The swelling is not likely to be related to the cyst that was removed from your breast 5 years ago.
Meanwhile take a mild pain killer like ibuprofen and do a hot fomentation in the area for symptomatic relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.