Experiencing pain and swelling in testicle, painful ejaculation and pain in groin area. What are the risks?

Question
My boyfriend is a 46 yr old male (healthy) that is experiencing pain and swelling in his left testicle, having difficulty sustaining an erection and if he can has painful ejaculation. He also has pain in the groin area. In the past several months he has also had issues with the left side of his neck swelling and blood in his urine. I am trying to convince him to see a doctor and soon!
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

I would require some further information. Is there any swelling in the testicles or groin area? painful micturation? is there any association of symptoms with coughing or straining? any history of fever?

Will be waiting for the reply

Thanks

Follow-up: Experiencing pain and swelling in testicle, painful ejaculation and pain in groin area. What are the risks? 5 hours later
as I stated above, the left testicle is swollen and painful as is he tender and painful in the groin area. To our knowledge no fever, coughing or straining. As to micturation, he has passed some blood in his urine, had a more frequent urge to go and has had some burning during urination. He has these symptoms along with the othrs I mentioned originally...

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 8 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

It seems that your boyfriend having develop urinary tract infection along with epididymo-orchitis. it is the infection of the epididymis and testicles resulting in swelling and pain. It is suggested to have urine analysis and scrotal ultrasound for better evaluation. A visit to doctor is necessary as the infection may proceed and develop complication. So antibiotics will be required for treatment.

if you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Thanks