Experiencing low blood pressure with mild chest pain. Having abdominal fullness joints ache. What to do?

Jan 2013

I am experiencing low blood pressure (80/45) with mild right sided chest pain radiating to right shoulder, abdominal fullness and pain in my inner cavity area causing pain in front and back. My joints also ache. No dizziness
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have fever/ cough with sputum/ difficulty in respiration?
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal bloating/ excessive flatulence/ constipation/ diarrhea?
Are you getting urine regularly?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of chest infection with septicemic shock.
Low blood pressure with chest pain, joint ache suggests the diagnosis.
Blood pressure fall in a young female could be due to septicemia, loss of massive blood and heart ailment.
As the pain on right sided chest, there appears to least possibility of heart disease (although dextrocardia may cause pain on right side of chest).
Abdominal fullness could be a feature of gastritis or due to malaise and a prodromal symptom.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ chest physician on urgent basis and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, chest x XXXXXXX C-reactive protein, renal function test, electrocardiography.
You should also go for endoscopy with biopsy for better clarification.

If chest x XXXXXXX and other blood test are found to be normal then you should also go for urea breathe test for H. Pylori.
If Urea breathe test is found to be positive then you have to take complete eradication therapy for H. Pylori bacteria.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should also take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics, complete antibiotic therapy.
You should also take plenty of water, salty biscuits and drinks for increasing sodium content of your body as it helps in maintaining your blood pressure.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Experiencing low blood pressure with mild chest pain. Having abdominal fullness joints ache. What to do? 29 minutes later
Thank you. I am scheduled to travel for work Monday and Tuesday and won't be able to see a physician until I return. Is it ok to travel before seeing a physcian? My only medical treatment opions available on weekends is the ER.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
If you are getting urine regularly then there is no harm.
When blood pressure decrease, body try to stop water loss by decreasing urine formation.
So if you are getting urine then you can go for travel.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava