Experiencing jelly legs, low bp. Underlying cause?

The last couple of days, right after I get up, my legs feel funny... week and like someone else is controlling them... it only lasts for a few seconds... The closest thing I can find is Jelly Legs. No tingles, pins or needles or shaking...
I have low BP (I'm lucky if the top number breaks 100)...
I am 5'2" and weigh 156 lbs
Currently nursing my 7 month old son...
I don't want any meds...
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 1 hour later

I would like to know whether you are taking any iron or calcium supplements, since you are nursing your 7 month old son.

I would advice you to undergo a few tests like CBC (complete blood count), Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin D levels.

I think the weakness you might be due to low hemoglobin and vitamin levels.

Let me advice you on your problem after reviewing the reports. Till then I would advice you to take plenty of fruits and green vegetables. Regarding your low BP I would advice you to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day especially fresh lemon juice with a pinch of salt which would help maintain your BP which might also decrease the weakness you are feeling.

Don't worry, take care.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani