Experiencing itching and tingling sensation close to vulva and anal. Related to benign brain tumor?

Nov 2013

hi there, i have experienced vulvar/anal itching for over 2 years. i was treating it as yeast despite the fact that swabs have been negative for the past year. the itch has no progressed to all over my body. there is no rash. it feels like random tingling sensations all over. im not sure if it may be related but i also had a benign brain tumor resected 2 years ago.
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The cause of itching and tingling are likely to be neurological in nature. Your symptoms and response to lyrica (pregabalin) are suggestive of same.

It could be related to a dysfunction of the skin nerves. Possible underlying causes could be collagen vascular disease, etc.

If possible, can you tell the location of benign brain tumor? Your symptoms, however, are unlikely to be related to that.

Please get back if you have more queries.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog:
Follow-up: Experiencing itching and tingling sensation close to vulva and anal. Related to benign brain tumor? 7 minutes later
thank you for your prompt and helpful response. the tumor was in the right insular temporal lobe
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

The location of temporal lobe makes it unlikely to be the cause of your symptoms.

Parietal lobe or thalamus, if affected, may cause sensory symptoms such as tingling, burning, pain, etc, on the opposite side of the body.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)