Experiencing irritation in rectum and pains while having BM. Suggest?

Excellent

Question
I've been experiencing irritation in my rectum for some time. Its quite prominent. When I take a shit usually there's a slight pain.
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible anal fissure

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

It seems like you are in the initial stages of developing an anal fissure or an external hemorrhoid.

Do you feel an open cut in the anal area? Please look for it. Also, have you noticed any bleeding while passing motions.

Let me know the details so that I could help you further.

for symptoms like these, it is best to undergo a Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) and conclude on the diagnosis. After this, management can be planned accordingly. You need to consult a General Surgeon for the same.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Experiencing irritation in rectum and pains while having BM. Suggest? 4 minutes later
There hasn't been any bleeding recently. I think I've noticed bleeding just once quite some time ago. There's no open cut that I can feel outside. But while passing motion, it kind of feels like there might be one inside.

Who should I see for this? A GP or a General Surgeon?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See a General Surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

It seems like the concern is in the beginning stages as I said. You need to consult a General Surgeon for the same.

thank you and good day ahead!