Experiencing intermittent abdominal pains and white mucus anal discharge. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Four days ago I started experiencing abdominal pains and a white mucus anal discharge, the pain goes and comes, is not that bad but definitely something happening there
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Constipation, inflammatory bowels disease.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Where is your pain located? Does it radiate somewhere? Any nausea or vomiting? Any diarrhea?

Mucus discharge from the anus can be caused by constipation, bacterial infection or inflammatory bowels disease. With inflammatory bowels disease, pain is like cramping. Abdomen gets bloated, nausea and vomiting can appear.
If you have lost some weight recently, there is blood in stool or gas obstruction, you should not wait anymore.
Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis and stool tests should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Experiencing intermittent abdominal pains and white mucus anal discharge. Suggest? 16 minutes later
It does feel like cramping, I had a cyst quite big in my right ovary 5yrs ago and I had to get surgery, the pain I have now feels the same as that time, just not as strong, very mild, but same area though, right lower side of the abdomen, but then again I have this white mucus anal discharge and it seems to be related. Should I just go to a hospital or an specialist?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appemdicitis or ovarian cyst rupture possible.

Detailed Answer:
Right lower abdominal pain should be always checked with appendicitis. Ovarian cyst rupture is also possible. Both conditions are urgent and should not be left without medical attention.
I suggest you to visit hospital as soon as possible and do not wait anymore.