Experiencing headache when having intercourse. Is this a serious problem?

hello doctor,

the following complaint is from my sister's personal life. since she s much closer to me she shares everything with me.
For the past one month, her husband suffers from severe headache after they both indulge in sex.
She is much worried because of this.
He is a civil engineer who works in sun the whole day. She couldn't know whether the headache is bcoz of tiredness or any serious problem is there. Kindly help her in this.
She is yet to consult the doctor regarding this.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 28 minutes later

Sisters are always good friends. It is always good that you have someone with you, with whom you can share things in life.

Any ways coming to the point, there could be various reasons for this kind of headache.

High blood pressure
Vascular headache
High cholesterol etc.

It is better not to ignore this.

She should take him to doctor and get him examined. One needs to look for high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc.

At times a form of headache known as vascular headache may occur like this. This can only be concluded after basic examination is done.

At times too much of excitement can lead to this.

The advice would be to: visit a doctor.

Basic examination like blood pressure, lipid profile and blood sugar etc needs to be checked.

Your physician/family physician will guide you further after the reports.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask again if you have some more queries.