Experiencing hair loss, developed boils on scalp. How to cure this completely?

Jul 2012

Hello Sir/Mam,

Over the past 1 month i have been experiencing hair loss, i am also observing several small boils developing in my scalp which are a bit painful as well. I havent changed my shampoo or oil .I do use a motor bike to commute, which involves wearing helmet.

please help me on this.

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Hair loss is of different types.
Could you be a little more descriptive of the loss..location on scalp, number of hair lost, ? thinning & if possible can you upload clear digital photos on this site?
The boils may be a local infection or a dandruff related issue that may do well with a course of antibiotics. I am not a proponent of the thinking that helmet use is detrimental to hair.
Await your clarifications & photos to proceed further.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD