Experiencing dull minor aches in chest, base of neck and tingling in fingers. Should I see a doctor?

Dec 2012

I am 50 years old Male and beginning about last Friday have experienced dull minor aches in my left chest, base of neck on left side, tingling of the very tips of fingers on left hand, and a large ache in left inside elbow as if someone withdrew blood from this area. The pain is not severe and is more like a twinge and goes away. I mainly feel it in three locations but not at the same time. Above the nipple on inside of peck left side. Below peck in between two ribs left side, below sternum on right side of heart. Again the pain is not severe but I don't know if I should go to the hospital or just ignore it.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Based on the location of the pain (that you have described elaborately), I can say that you might be suffering from a coronary artery diseases (angina pectoris/chest pain). It is possible that you might also be suffering from costochondritis (inflammation of chest wall).
You will need a cardiologist consultation to determine the state of your heart and determine all your risk factors regarding coronary heart diseases (and do not forget aht you have already a family history of heart problems-attacks). So i suggest you go to the hospital just to be sure that it is not something developing into something worst.

Hope this helps and please feel free to write back for more info
Dr. Nsah