Experiencing dizziness, disorientation, metallic taste and tingling tongue. Should I visit ER?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
am experiencing tingling at the tip of my tongue dizziness and disorientation plus a metallic taste should i seek emergency medical treatment?I have been dizzy and disoriented for 3 days. I have MS. i have had numbness and tingling in my right hand and right foot with a radiating electrical pulse sensation to my toes and finger tips for over24 hrs. Also i feel like my tongue is stuck to a 9v battery for approximately 24hours now. i cannot get hold of my neurologist and am not sure what to do
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The symptoms that you are having are likely to be related to benign causes like electrolyte imbalance, vitamin B 12 deficiency, etc. Most of the times these symptoms can be taken care of by taking electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids and Methylcobalamin supplements. To have better relief, drugs like gabapentin are helpful. But these are prescription medicines and are best if taken under the guidance of your neurologist.
Meanwhile you can start taking plenty of sports drinks and oralyte with fresh fruit juices for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Experiencing dizziness, disorientation, metallic taste and tingling tongue. Should I visit ER? 1 hour later
I already take a b complex supplement daily
i also drink nothing but water and juice all day. i cannot look to either side without dizziness or a vertigo type of feeling. i also am light sensitive right now which is unusual for me. i feel almost as if i have a migraine.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Taking only a B complex supplement will not help. You will need Methylcobalamin supplementation of 1500mcg daily.
The dizziness specially on turning the head can be related to cervical spondylosis. You need to consult a neurologist for prescription medicines. Do continue talking fruit juices and avoid using a pillow. Doing cervical isometric exercises will also help.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.