Experiencing choking pain in chest and spinal cord is hurting. What could be the reason for pain?

Hi, I am 24 years old and for 3-4 years at this period time of the year I experience a severe pain in my chest like a choking pain right at the back and the pain moves to my spinal cord and both the chest and spinal cord are hurting me at the moment I have been going through the pains for 2 days...
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need examination and investigation Detailed Answer: Hi friend, See an Internist / get yourself examined / at times, basic investigation may be necessary... Pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on. Your symptoms do not suggest Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). But I would definitely consider EKG / X-ray (Chest and/or Spine) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – as it is necessary for further assessment and assistance. The pain that you describe may also be from lungs, Spine, Oesophagus - any one may be contributing. However I would first exclude heart related condition before looking for other cause. Your local physician will know about the test and can tailor it based on his assessment of the situation. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless