Experiencing breast pain after a hard hit. What is the cure?
User rating for this question
My grandson ran towards me to hug me & hit my breast very hard 2 days later still in horrible pain
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. Any trauma to the breast can cause minor injury to the breast tissue and fat. Depending on the impact of hit, it can stay for days, weeks or months. It would be important to observe for any skin discoloration and and slight bleeding within the breast. That might cause inflammation to the breast tissue. I guess if it is due to being hit by your grandson, then the impact might be less but do agree that the pain can get uncomfortable. Putting a cold compress may help in decreasing the inflammation and any swelling if present. This can be done by having some ice in a plastic bag and wrapping it with a towel and placing it on the area of tenderness for about 20 minutes, but this should have been done as early as possible. You can take over the counter non steroidal anti inflammatory oral medications. Please ask your doctor before taking them if you are on any anti coagulating medications. Severe pain does require narcotic pain killers to be taken. These are made available only on doctor's prescription. I suggest you to take medical attention urgently if there is discoloration of skin over breast with associated lump formation which may indicate pooling of blood in the breast tissue. Wishing you a quick recovery. Do write back if you have doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of ketoconazole cream?
- Got hit in breast pain
- How to cure breast pain
- Is unusual weight gain a side effect of incivek?
- Is body aches or pain a side effect of klonopin?
- Is fast heartbeat a side effect of lansoprazole?
- Is excessive protein intake damaging to the kidney
- Hit in the breast pain scale
- Suggest treatment for solitary rectal ulcer
- What causes sudden bruising and pain in the knees
- Suggest treatment to recover from possible adverse reaction to cipro
- Hard to swallow breast pain
- Is lightheadedness a side effect of leflunomide?
- What causes terrible cough and pain under my rib cage
- Treatment and cure for breast pain