Experiencing blood coming from penis. It is painless. What could be the cause?

I am experiencing blood coming from my penis. it is painless, and comes and goes. it has been happening for the past few weeks. I thought it was from too much sex. any ideas?
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The painless blood coming from the penis is a worrisome symptom. It is not because of too much sex.

The reasons could be many, some of them are,
There can be infection any where in the tract (urethra, prostate, seminal vesicles, urinary bladder)
Trauma somewhere in tract may be due to some procedure or otherwise
Some condition of prostate
Stone in the tract (seminal vesicles)

It is better that you visit a urologist for this and get your self evaluated to find out the exact cause.

Urologist after examination may advise some tests, like urine test, ultrasound and other tests as per the need.

Management depends upon the diagnosis.

You can continue your normal routine in mean time.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.