Experiencing abdominal bloating, chest pain, diarrhoea, weight gain. Echo and ekg done. Treatment?

I am at a loss as to what's happening.....I have gained 12 pounds in 2 weeks, experienced chest pains is what brought me there, my abdomen is very bloated, looks like a 5 month pregnant belly......I have pain under the right rib cage and feel pressure against the diaphragm making it hard to breathe when I walk faster than normal and even when I'm sitting at times...I have pains also in the right pelvic area, more to the side and lower back.......I have chronic diarrhea for the past year, diarrhea as in liquid, one to 5-6 times a thought it was adult celiac disease, but gluten free doesn't help..
I am so tired, I have to push myself to do what needs to be done......
I did have some tests run, like an exercise stress test, which had to be stopped because I developed asthma symptoms ( I have never had asthma before ), complete abd., pelvic, and vaginal u/s and I did happen to see on the computer Adenoma ( L)..whatever that means.....These were done in XXXXXXX ....In Feb. I had an Echo and EKG done.....March a PFT done, where the technician said that I didn't have Emphysema or COPD.....The shortness of breath was not coming from there......also in March I had a CA 125 , PT4 and TSH done.......I have not had any results because my Internist took an emergency leave....I was given an appt. May 17th to see a doctor ......
I know I'm asking for the impossible of you without having received results....but this is a teaching hospital and they are in no hurry......
The only thing is that the pain is spreading to the left side right underneath my left rib cage and I am so tired, I have trouble getting through the day......I have tried getting results, with no avail, until May when I see unknown doctor..
Thank you for your time.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

The symptoms you are experiencing deserve a keen attention and a more rapid evaluation and management.

The abdominal bloating you are experiencing suggest either accumulation of fluid or a mass. The fluid possibility is more probable, for in abundant quantities, could partly explain the pain the diaphragm and respiratory symptoms experienced. Chronic diarrhoea deserve exclusion of a gastrointestinal and colonic malignancy. The weight gain could certainly be resulting from accumulation of fluid in the body cavities (peritoneal and pleural).
It would be very interesting and compelling to get results of the examinations that you did carryout. A chest X XXXXXXX abdominal scans, complete blood counts, kidney function tests, Occult blood in the stool, CA125, kidney function tests and blood electrolytes for a start could be sufficient to making a general appraisal of your health status and orienting further exams and drawing up of an appropriate management plan.

My suggestion is visiting your drainage could reduce the size of the abdomen and least give some relief as far as your breathing is concerned.

As you wait for your appointment, your primary care physician or emergency room could be of help if you are really feeling bad till you XXXXXXX your internist.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you good health.

Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.