Experiencing a fluttering sensation in throat. Have chronic GERD and hypertension. Should I be concerned?

Every so often I experience a fluttering sensation in my throat below the Adam's XXXXXXX I was diagnosed with Barret's esophagus 10 years ago and also have chronic GERD, hypertension (controlled by beta blocker and ARB) and hyperlipidemia treated with a statin and Niaspan. Is this fluttering something to be concerned with?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The fluttering sensation could be due to excess gas from the stomach, the gas could be due to the acid peptic disease like GERD you have.

There is no need to worry , just revising the antacid medication is what needed.

Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia do not have direct effects on the gastric acid secretion but indirectly cause such problems by affecting the metabolism and release of certain hormones which control the gastric acid secretion.

The medications you are taking for the Hypertension can also cause variation in the gastric acid secretion and result in gas.

Getting your medications revised with your treating doctor will put an end to the problem you have now.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.