Experienced fatigue while taking Celebrex, Losartan and atacand. Now prescribed metroprolol. BP fluctuates. Suggest?

I experienced overwhelming fatigue while taking Celebrex (200 mg twice/day) and atacand (4mg). The same with Losartan. Now I've been prescribed metoprolol er, but a strong interaction is also listed for this drug. My has been 164 at its highest (white coat effect); at home It fluctuates between about 114 and 140. What do you think? I feel it's not serious enough to take a chance on a serious interaction.
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
High Blood Pressure

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

There is interaction between celecoxib and candesartan-losartan
which decreases the positive effect on high blood pressure of those drugs.
There are no XXXXXXX interactions between celecoxib and metoprolol.

Celecoxib is an anti-inflammatory drug without gastric side effects but long-term use is associated with increased risk of thrombotic episodes of heart arteries and worsening of high blood pressure.
Go to your doctor as soon as possible to assess about your fatigue
and replace celecoxib by another anti-inflammatory drug with lower risk of thrombosis (for example naproxen 500 mg) associated with a gastric protector (for example omeprazole 20 mg).

If your doctor replace celecoxib by naproxen, also should replace metoprolol
by another drug to control high blood pressure without interaction with naproxen (for example enalapril 20 mg).

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health.