Experience eye shifting causing dizziness. Reason?

Hi. On occasion my eyes will shift and then I get dizzy. It happens a couple times a week. It's like whatever I am seeing literally picks up and shifts.?
I am 22 years old and has never had vision problems.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 hours later

I presume we are dealing with symptom of 'nystagmus'. Nystagmus refers to involuntary horizontal flickering like movements of the eye. This usually is noticed when your gaze is fixed to a particular object. Associated symptoms such as dizziness and nausea are associated with it.

It is usually a benign condition. However metabolic, eye, neurological problems needs to be ruled out.

I wish you to consult physician for examination. Tests that include eye examination, blood tests, auditory and neurological examination are entailed.

I hope my answers are adequate and informative. Should you have any more concerns, I will be available for follow up.