Ask a Dentist   »  

Excessive saliva. Got bridge on frontal teeth. What is the reason for excessive saliva?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
i got a permanent brige 2 weeks ago on my front theet. it is normal to produce exesive saliva end feel XXXXXXX mouth?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 45 minutes later

Any foreign body like a bridge or cap may result in exessive saliva for a few weeks whch reverts to normal once the body gets used to it. XXXXXXX mouth seems unusual and i would suggest that you consult your dentist with this problem if it doesnt go away with in a months time.
Hope this answers your query.
Follow-up: Excessive saliva. Got bridge on frontal teeth. What is the reason for excessive saliva? 44 hours later
i'm also feeling anxiouness where my crown is placed as well my shaved theet's roots some times they hurt and if a used dental floss some times they bleed. Is this a normal thing.
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 1 hour later
Bleeding from gums while flossing is a sign of inflammation which may be due to food lodgement in the area. As you have mentioned that you also feel pain in your prepared teeth then i would suggest you consult your dentist regarding the same. Also ask him to check if there is any gap between the caps leading to food getting stuck which causes bleeding. Meanwhile use a good mouth wash and rinse thoroughly after every meal to keep the area clean.