Everytime I eat some types of food, my intestines feel like they are on fire. What is that?

Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

From the description you have given me it looks like you are suffering from severe gastritis. The main problem is release of gastric juice into your stomach either in excess amounts or because your stomach has become sensitive to the gastric acid because of erosion or an ulcer.

Please XXXXXXX a gastro enterologist, he might want to do a upper gastro intestinal endoscopy to have a look at what is happening
Tablets like tab esomeprazole and syrup sucralfate is normally prescribed to relieve pain.
Helico bacter pylori kit is also useful in such situations.
PLease visit a gastroenterologist for a prescription, do not consider this as my prescription to you.

In the mean time, please follow these advices

1. Eat on time, do not skip meals

2. Avoid spicy food

3. Avoid milk and milk products like cheese, butter,etc

4. Stop smoking

5. Stop drinking until you XXXXXXX a gastroenterologist

6. Do not sleep immediately after dinner. Stay awake atleast for 2 hours post dinner

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery