Erectile dysfunction,diet pill.Medicine?

Before I get DE problem,I take a diet pill for 1 week then problem start,but I quick already for the diet medicine but DE still,I can get erect but cannot maintained
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Most of the diet pills that are widely advertised for early and effective weight loss do cause decreased libido, premature ejaculation, etc as a side effect. A sudden weight loss also has got a detrimental effect on the sexual functions.
This will all come back to normal in 3-4 weeks.
Till then lifestyle modifications will help you. Anxiety is found as the cause most often. De-stressing measures like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.
Apart from this, good couple intimacy, quiting smoking (if any) is the necessary to reduce the problem.

A few medical drugs such as phosphodiesterase inhibitors / alprostadil have been used for the treatment. You may get them prescribed by a doctor if none of the above measures are successful in treating the problem. Both oral medications as well as injections are available to help in maintaining the erection. Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.
To increase your sex drive you can add celery, raw oysters, banana,avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic,etc to your food.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction,diet pill.Medicine? 1 hour later
Dear Docter,

I have tried all but seems not working and i already get this problem about 1.5 years,also already get a surgery for venous leak but it doesn't help.May i have you advise what i should do now,all medical report include no diabetes,spinal cord is fine.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

If the medical treatment has not helped you and no organic cause has been diagnosed , other measures that can help you are-

Master and Johnson's technique - start and stop techniques have been suggested to all patients having premature ejaculation. Most patients have reported improvement after practising this technique. You may also use them during sexual intercourse.

In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. If the symptoms persist then desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.

You can presently stop those diet pills too.

Although there are other medical problems of premature ejaculation but from your symptoms these seem unlikely.

These include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes. You may need to undergo certain medical tests like for thyroid profile and hormonal assay to completely rule them out.

Also meeting a psychiatrist might help you regarding this problem.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.