Ask a Urologist   »  

Erectile dysfunction, tight foreskin, history of asthma. Treatment?

Dear Sir,
I am a 26 year old guy. I am going to marry my dream girl in a couple of month. We are in a relation for last two and a half years. As our marriage is finalized, so we decided to have a sex last month. But unfortunately, my penis was not getting the errection properly. So I failed to have a sex on that occasion. At first we thought this happened may be because of nervousness as we both were trying to do it for the first time. But last week, we again met to have a pre-marriage sex and unfortunately we found that the problem persists. I have observed that after putting in the condom, my penis start loosing the strength even rapidly. After that I even tried without condom too, but failed again. Sir, I am in serious tension as I don’t want to spoil my future married life. In this connection, I would also like to mention two more facts:-
1. I masturbate regularly without problem.
2. The foreskin of my penis does not move back since my childhood.
3. I have asthmatic problem since childhood.

Please suggest me what should I do.

Thanks and Regards.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later

Your problems can be easily sorted out.

You have to be on medications for sometime to have good erections while having intercourse.

You also need to be operated for phimosis, the inability of foreskin to move back.

For further treatment you should see urologist in your area.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction, tight foreskin, history of asthma. Treatment? 12 hours later
Thank u for your reply. I have some more queries and I shall be glad if you can kindly comment on those.
1) Is my problem too serious? How long it will take for the treatment as I have to defer my mariage accordinglly?
2) Do the opertion for phimosis is a must? Is there any alternative for the operation?
3) Approximately how much the whole treatment along with the operation will cost?
4) I belong to Assam. Kindly suggest me a good urologist to whom I can cosult for further treatment.
5) Can I use viagra as a temporary arrangement?
6) Should I reduce musterbation?

Thanks and Regards
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Thanks again for replying.

Sidenafil (Viagra) which is an erection enhancing pill can be used under the care of urologist. They can be used effectively for erection problems during the intial few months of married life. There is no need to postpone the wedding.

Inaddition to this, proper diet and hydration, physical exercise / yoga / meditation to combat stress and anxiety have been useful in treating this problem. I think you need to include them in your lifestyle.

You should ideally have the surgery done. You may plan the surgery after your wedding too. The costs vary from place to place as well as center to center.

In the meantime good lubricants might help you during sexual intercourse. Discuss about these treatment plans with an urologist.

It shall be pretty difficult for me to tell you the exact location but you can see my XXXXXXX Dr. Rajiv TP. He will be able to guide you and help you in treating your problem.

Hope my answer is helpful to you.

Wish you good luck.

Best wishes for your marriage.
Dr. Rajiv Goel