Erectile dysfunction and constipation after taking oxyelite pro. Worried for kidney failure

Question
does oxy pro elite can cause kidney failure because I feel bit constipated these days. and also i have erectile dysfunction .i have been taking pro elite for the last five days
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 30 minutes later

OxyElite Pro contains DMAA, a stimulant drug with effects similar to amphetamines and ephedrine. cause deadly cardiovascular events, higher blood pressure, liver and kidney failure, lethal exhaustion and stroke.

However constipation is not a reported side effect of this drug.

For constipation, some of the methods of treatment are:

1)      First of all increase the fiber amount in your diet. The best natural sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Eat a diet XXXXXXX in fiber, especially from fruits and vegetables and eat slowly and chew you food well. You may even add bulk forming agents like salads, bananas etc or psyllium husk to your diet.

2)     Exercise regularly such as the regular walking and knee-to-chest position which activates bowel movement.

3)     Drink plenty of fluids and water everyday.

4)     Decrease intake of alcohol, caffeine, tea and cola drinks

5)     Go to the toilet at the same time every day which helps in regularizing the bowel.

6)     Do not take any over the counter laxatives like Senna which can worsen the condition.

7)     If the symptoms persist then you may need osmotic laxatives like polyethylene glycol PEG or miralax after your doctor’s prescription.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction and constipation after taking oxyelite pro. Worried for kidney failure 18 minutes later
i am healthy individual so but I have few extra pounds on me mainly at my love handles.Is oxy pro elite is safe drug for me? cause it contains DMAA which has many side effects as I have read online.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 18 minutes later

Thanks for writing back to me.

Oxyelite pro is a newly introduced herbal product which causes burning of fat resulting in weight loss.

According to FDA, many weight losing products contain undeclared ingredients and prescription drugs in amounts that greatly exceed maximum recommended dosages. These may cause serious side effects like high blood pressure, seizures, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), palpitations, heart attack, and stroke.

Hence I suggest you to use this fat burner only after consultation with your doctor as it has many side effects. For losing weight, eat a healthy nutritious diet and do exercise for atleast 1 hour everyday under a physical trainer in a gym.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.