Enlarged lymph nodes in groin, use condoms while having sex. Any suggestions?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello, I have had enlarged lymph nodes in my groin area for about 2-3 months now. They do not hurt at all. I have not had any symptoms are far as flu or night sweats but the lymph nodes are still there. I do not have them any where else. I am scared that it is hiv but i always use condoms when having sex. Any suggestions to why the lymph nodes are still in my groin area? Also are there any medications to get them to go away?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Enlarged inguinal lymph nodes does not necessarily mean HIV infection.

There are many other causes like balanoposthitis etc.

Sometimes inguinal lymph nodes may be enlarged without any cause.

You must get yourself properly examined by a qualified physician.

There are some tests that you may have to take like a complete hemogram, HIV elisa, Chlamydia, urethral swab and if needed FNAC.

Only after a proper work up, can the treatment be started.

I also noted some skin lesions in the pic you have attached.

For how long do you have them?

Can you send a clearer pic of those lesions..Lets evaluate them too....

Awaiting your response..

Follow-up: Enlarged lymph nodes in groin, use condoms while having sex. Any suggestions? 41 minutes later
thanks for reply

I have attached two more picture. Please let me know if they are visible? Also to answer your question I have had the lymph nodes for about 2-3 months now. they are painless. I have not had any sickness, nights sweats, my weight dropped a little because of running then lifting weights. Can you also please explain "skin lesions?"

Thanks

I am still not very sure of the skin lesions. The picture has been take from a distance..Please take a close range pic of the skin lesions you have in your inner thighs.

As for the lymph nodes, it is difficult to see them. These are best felt with hands.

SO I strongly recommend you to get yourself examined by a qualified physician.

As you do not have any major symptoms, chances are that everything will turn out to be normal..which is good.

Follow-up: Enlarged lymph nodes in groin, use condoms while having sex. Any suggestions? 43 hours later
Hello I have submitted some more picture for you to tell me if i have skin lesion or lymph nodes.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 6 minutes later
The pictures that you have attached are only skin lesions.
these are not lymph nodes.

The skin lesions look like a verrucous epidermal nevus.