Endoscopy revealed fundal erosions in stomach. Have constipation and heat burn. Why is it happening?

endoscopy revealed fundal erosions instomach.otherwise normal study.I have constipation and if i eat spicy oily food I get heart burn.I'm 64 years old.Kindly advice.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

You are currently suffering from erosive gastritis. It is nothing but erosion of the mucous layer of stomach which protects your stomach from the gastric acid secreted.
It is commonly found in people who drink alcohol, smoke, h pylori infection, post trauma, stress, etc.

It heals if you follow these recommendations.

I would advice you the following

1. Abstain from eating spicy and oily food until your erosions heal
2. Avoid milk and milk products including coffee and tea (if taken with milk)
3. Eat on time everyday. Do not be irregular with your eating habits. Follow a bland diet
4. Avoid bending exercises if you are doing them
5. Abstain from alcohol and smoking until the erosion heal
6. For the constipation please
. Drink lots of water, 4 litres per day
. Eat regularly and on time
. Follow a high fibre diet with lots of vegetables and fruits containing peels like XXXXXXX
. Banana helps as a natural laxative
. A good home remedy is to drink 250 ml of warm water mixed with lime and 2 tsp honey every morning before food.

For the erosive gastritis I see that you are being adequately treated, please continue taking these medicines. If the constipation still persists even in spite of the above measures then you could take 10 ml of lactulose at night, please ask your doctor for a prescription for the same.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery