Emptying bowel after eating. Normal?

My son is 9 years old. He has the problem of going to toilet to empty bowel after eating. He is just 21 kgs. Is he not absorbing the food nutrients or is there any nutrient deficiency in him?
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
The child is underweight and going to frequent toilet habit also indicates that there is some gut
problem due to which the child is not thriving.
Child may be having intolerance to milk or he may be having allergy to flour gluten.
Sometimes bacterial colonization or parasites in the gut can cause malaabsorption and such syndrome can develop.
Ideally you should get the child clinically examined by a physician.
Get stool examination and culture and for ova and cysts.
Urine examination and culture are also advisable.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you