Electroshock treatment for bed wetting could condition the automatic nervous system to create high BP?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
For one week, once per day for 10 minutes electroshock treatment on the hole area of naked body skin surface around 90 volts a/c low milliamps with metal roller at age 6 for bed wetting could condition the automatic nervous system to create high blood pressure that was diagnosed at age 13 by first blood pressure test? Thai is my question.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 15 hours later

No. Electroshock therapy as reason for high blood pressure has been not documented in standard medical textbooks.
But many times bed wetting is a manifestation of XXXXXXX stress or conflict which can also be cause for high blood pressure.

Follow-up: Electroshock treatment for bed wetting could condition the automatic nervous system to create high BP? 19 hours later
Thank you doctor for the fast reply. This is just a follow-up.
Remembering for the bed wetting that was nothing else just a stupid way my mother was raising me up. It was starting at the daycare where had to sleep one hour after lunch when everybody was sleeping and I was afraid to get up and go to washroom and could not holding back. So my mother took me to the doctor. Unfortunately my mother was not that bright and believed in this treatment will do good for me that time. It helped for sure. The side effect was the whole body tension. From that time still now when I go to public washroom and other people are beside me I cannot pee until I am alone. Now just sitting at the computer and typing and other times too I realize my shoulders are up and have tension in my arms and body and loosen up myself. I was thinking for a long time about this therapy created a tension in my body and caused hypertension. At home when I measure blood pressure it is normal, when doctor check it, it is on the high side. (Allergy for doctors) I am happy to lived this much so far. Anyway thanks for the answer doctor.

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 18 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The above condition is called white coat hypertension. A manifestation of anxity again. Any just try and relax it would help. Take help of some yoga and meditation.

Wish you good health.