Electron beam tomography test showed kidney stones. How to get rid of this?

An electron beam tomography test shows I have a 2mm non obstructing renal calculi in the lower lobe of the right kidney, How do I get rid of it? I hear these kidney stones are very painful when they pass. Is there any way of dissolving it so I don't have to go through that pain?
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query
Kidney stones are often categorized into four sorts: stones fashioned from calcium, cystine, struvite and uric acid. Amongst these four types of stones the calcium type of most common.  Calcium and oxalates are the two elements that trigger the calcium formed kidney stones. Some everyday meals XXXXXXX in oxalate are tea, rhubarb, nuts, pepper, cacao and spinach

Natural ways to dissolve your stone

1.  Maximize fluid intake. Especially drink fruit and vegetable juices. Orange, grape and   carrot juices are high in citrates which inhibit both a build up of uric acid and also stop calcium salts from forming. Drink plenty of water to flush your kidneys.
 2.  Control urine pH: acidic urine helps prevent phosphate and struvite stones, and will not cause oxalate stones. Take plenty of VIT C.

3.  Eat your veggies: studies have shown that dietary oxalate is generally not a significant factor in stone formation. I would go easy on rhubarb and spinach, however. 

4.  Most kidney stones are compounds of calcium and most Americans are calcium deficient. Instead of lowering calcium intake, reduce excess dietary phosphorous by avoiding carbonated soft drinks, especially colas. Soft drinks contain excessive quantities of phosphorous as phosphoric acid. 

Remember that Americans get only about 500 mg of dietary calcium daily, and the RDA is 800 to 1200 mg/day.

5.  Take a magnesium supplement of AT LEAST the US RDA of 300-350 mg/day 

6.  Be certain to take a good B-complex vitamin supplement daily, which contains pyridoxine (vitamin B-6).  B-6 deficiency produces kidney stones in experimental animals. In high doses, it is also used medically to treat kidney stones.

7.  Additionally, low calcium may itself CAUSE calcium stones.

8.  For uric acid/purine stones (gout), STOP EATING MEAT. Increased vitamin C consumption helps by improving the urinary excretion of uric acid.

9.  Kidney stones are associated with high sugar intake, so eat less (or no) added sugar  

If any other query,you are welcome to ask.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Electron beam tomography test showed kidney stones. How to get rid of this? 12 hours later
Will the kidney stone hurt when it leaves my body? Will doing the steps you suggested rid my body of it for certain? Can the kidney stone remain in the lower pole of my kidney forever or does it eventually have to come out? I have heard the horror stories of passing kidney stones and I was really wanting to avoid going through this painful process. Think you.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Some portion gets dissolved and some portion comes out.
On many occasions person even doesn't know that his stone has passed and moreover your stone size is so small that in all likelyhood,you will not come to know.