Edema after circumcision. How long will it take to get cured?

edemaI had circumcision done in XXXXXXX and I have what the surgeon says is a skin adhesion which would heal itself but didn't so I had surgery again in august and its still there and now I have what he says is an edema in addition to the adhesion. he said it could take 6 months to heal. I was wondering if that is true and if there is anything I could do or take to speed up the healing process. I am 26 and im not on any medication but an inhaler for asthma. and prilosec and phenergan and singulair.
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The circumcision is a minor surgical procedure and the healing occurs with one to two weeks time period. I don't know why it is so much delayed in your case.

For best healing to occur it required that there should be good margins exposed with good blood supply but if the skin over the margins develop without adhesion then there is minimum chances of healing and a procedure known as debridement is done in which the skin over the margins is removed. It will be helpful if you have second opinion from another surgeon,

Topical steroids are also very much helpful in healing process.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask