Early maturity for a 12 year old. Taken steroids for subglottic hemangioma in childhood. Is it due to steroids?

My son was on steroids as an infant because he had a subglottic hemangioma in his airway. Today he is twelve and looks like a full grown man in almost every way, He is 5'11" 170lbs, wears a size 13 shoe has well defined muscles and has to shave. Could his early steroid growth have caused this and should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
The early maturity and puberty in your son is related to the steroids he has taken during the childhood. It causes an early growth spurt in the children. But now nothing can be done to revert these changes.
The premature changes he has undergone are not worrisome as he has attained his full adult height. These changes are not likely to affect his future life. You can take a second opinion from an endocrinologist who will do a physical examination and can help him if there are any symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Early maturity for a 12 year old. Taken steroids for subglottic hemangioma in childhood. Is it due to steroids? 4 minutes later
What symptoms are you referring to?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
The symptoms in such cases are related to the emotional stress as well as due to unadaptability in the society for social awkwardness.
Family support helps in providing them social security.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.