EKG showed probable L atrial enlargement and anterior infarct. What does this mean?

Nov 2013

just did an ekg on myself. it says probable L atrial enlargement and anterior infarct, old. I'm 48 and have lost 65lbs this year thru working out several times a week. I was up to 294lbs and now am back to 230.
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that the findings on the EKG are non-specific and do not represent any serious illness.

Please get screened for any risk factors for heart disease- such as high blood sugar, high blood pressure, cholesterol and homocysteine.

For further evaluation for any heart disease, echocardiography and tread mill test (TMT) are useful.

Hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM