ECG report says had minor attack before. Total cholesterol 209mg/dl, HDL 64mg/dl and LDL 130mg/dl. Prescribed Ceruvin and Neksium. Guide?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
In last March my mother went for a heart checkup. ECG report says she had a minor attack before. Total cholesterol 209mg/dl, HDL 64mg/dl, LDL 130mg/dl, VLDL 15mg/dl. All other reports are Normal. Doctor had advised Ceruvin A(clopidogrel 75mg + Aspirin 75mg), Neksium 40 mg Tab, Stanlip 145mg, Storvas 40mg tab for 3months. Doctor has suggested for angiography test.My quarry is, does she need to continue the medicine after 3 months. Is angiography a painful process. My mother is physically very lean. Ht 134.5cm and wt 30kgs
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details.

Detailed Answer:
Respected Sir
1. The need for medicines depends upon many factors. But yes once a patient has heart attack (major or minor) certain drugs are likely to continue for long periods , may be life long. These include aspirin / storvas. Some other drugs may be added.
2. Coronary angiography can be done from hand or groin and an injection is given for local anesthesia after that pain is reduced to a large extent. The doctor introduces a sheath (small pipe like structure) into the artery and all instruments are used through this sheath. Overall, in normal circumstances, it is not a very painful procedure. Some discomfort and pain may occur.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder XXXXXXX

Follow-up: ECG report says had minor attack before. Total cholesterol 209mg/dl, HDL 64mg/dl and LDL 130mg/dl. Prescribed Ceruvin and Neksium. Guide? 9 minutes later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply. Please tell me how long will it take to recover to normal life after angiography considering her age and physic as mentioned above.

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please see details.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. If the angiogram is done alone (without angioplasty) and no complication occurs, the recovery takes ~ 1day for radial method (angiogram through hand) and ~ 2-3 days for femoral method (angiogram through groin). The rate of serious complications in an angiogram is less than 1%.
2. If an angioplasty is required to be done, it takes a little longer. Most of the patients who undergo elective angioplasty (non-emergency) can resume work at < 2 weeks.
Hope this helps.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder Singh

Follow-up: ECG report says had minor attack before. Total cholesterol 209mg/dl, HDL 64mg/dl and LDL 130mg/dl. Prescribed Ceruvin and Neksium. Guide? 8 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Thanks for giving me the valuable information and your time.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome Sir.

Detailed Answer:
you are welcome Sir.
Sincerely XXXXXXX